Need Any Support? We’d Love to Hear From You. CONTACT US

Korean-Products.com

Blog Magazine of Korean products & brands

Korea’s Cosmetic Industry to Emerge as a New Growth Engine for the Korean Economy | Korean Products

August 28, 2013

 

201308_cover

 

Korea’s cosmetics exports surge : Korea’s cosmetics industry saw a surge both in exports and imports. The industry’s exports reached 409 million dollars between January and May this year, up 30.2 percent from the same period a year earlier.

And imports came to 403 million dollars, up 21.2%, from 2009, recording trade surplus of 6 million dollars, according to the recent data from Korea Customs Service.

The cosmetics industry’s growth is backed by exports to China, Japan, and Hong Kong and this is just the latest development in the continued expansion of Korea’s cosmetics industry into global markets.

 
201308_cover1 The cosmetics industry has made inroads into nearby emerging markets such as China and Vietnam, and Korean cosmetics have begun to penetrate markets such as the Mideast and South America as well.

Many experts attribute the success of the Korea’s cosmetics industry in overseas markets to constant improvement in quality and the Korean Wave, or “Hallyu.”

Market diversification with China as a new growth engine : The Chinese cosmetics market has an impressive size and attractive growth potential.

Although China’s growth momentum does not automatically translate into growth for the Korean cosmetics industry, Korea’s leading cosmetics firms succeed in finding a breakthrough in China by pursuing successful positioning strategies with quality products and competitive pricing and make timely responses to the changing market.

Among the largest beneficiaries of rising China, AmorePacific has broadened its channels for business expansion. Others like LG Household & Health Care that wants to gain a firm foothold in China’s cosmetics market is revamping their strategies, sales networks and brand images.

Korea’s cosmetics market on a constant rise : Korea’s cosmetics industry has seen an unprecedented boom since 2008.

 

201308_cover2

 

According to the Korea Food and Drug Administration (KFDA), the size of the cosmetics market in Korea surpassed 13 trillion won as of 2010, an increase of 12.9% over the previous year, ranking 12thin the global market.

The nation’s cosmetics output grew by 10 percent every year for the past three years, exceeding 6 trillion won in 2010, a year-on-year rise of 16.4%. This record-high growth reflects the brisk rise in exports to China which recorded an increase of 31.2% over the previous year.

By product, basic cosmetics (41.7%) and hair products (15.4%) took up the large segment, totaling 57.1%, followed by functional cosmetics (25.3%). In terms of the year-on-year growth rate, the output of body cleaning products climbed 37.3%, followed by bathing products (35.3%) and shaving products (33.8%).

The industry experts linked the recent growth of the functional cosmetics segment to the well-being trend sweeping diverse industries in the nation and accounting for 25.3% market share in Korea in 2011. This translates into one trillion 51 million won, up 22.5 % over the previous year.

In addition, the demand for balding treatments made by using herbal ingredients is increasing as well, as more people are experiencing hair loss due to stress and air pollution.

 
▶ AMOREPACIFIC Corporation
▶ LeeJiham Cosmetics
▶ Charmzone
▶ Charm-in-Cell, Charmzone’ unique solution for cellular care,

 
Korean-Products.com | Blog Magazine of Korean products, brands and Goods

Other Products

New & Hot

Beauty Care

Gifts & Premiums

Medical & Health

Food & Beverage

Korean Kitchen

Home Products

Tourist Attractions

Korean Home Appliance

Chemical

More Products

Machinery

Electronics

More Cover Story Products

Portable Toilet

Portable Toilet

[INQ. NO. 2205C12] JOEUN LIFT (JL-3000M) was launched after years of research and development to make powered toilet seat lifts that help the...

read more
Send Inquiry for "Korea’s Cosmetic Industry to Emerge as a New Growth Engine for the Korean Economy"
For More Information (Supplier, Price, Catalog, Detailed Information etc), please send an inquiry
%d bloggers like this: